Hi guys. It’s been brought to my attention through the forums that some people are willing to have a non-completed version of blueprint to play with. A beta if you will, with exporting but not all the bells and whistles that comes with exporting (in other words, you wouldn’t be able to create anything there would be some restrictions). And of course, any object you created with blueprint would be subject to discretion by the user. This presents a bit of a dilemma with me. While I really do want to get software in your hot little hands as soon as I can, I like resting easy at night knowing that objects created with blueprint are not the volitile fire-crackers that are just waiting to go off I forsee. Not everything has been tested on object creation so certain types of objects might just be a game crasher. Personally I’m not too fond of the idea of doing this but I do want to address the concerns of some of you out there that want a copy. I’m pretty cautious as far as software quality goes (note the word “pretty” and not complete, some things do slip through) so releasing the program now would just blow the lid off that.

The issue lies in the fact that even given the technology preview that is available now, and a big ugly message box popping up everytime you run it, I still continue to get messages about how to put objects in the game, or “what do I do with it?”. Now take those few dozen messages and multiply it by 10 and that’s what I face each morning when I wake up. A mailbox filled with the same questions, only magnified. I’m also in the middle of trying to finish my book for publication early next year and it’s hard enough to try to keep up with things now. This would just complicate the matter. I’m not trying to make excuses for myself, just putting things into perspective.

So again I turn to you, the reader, to let me know what you think. Feel free to email me about the issue and what your ideas are. Just put “[blueprint]” in the subject so I can filter the messages. Should there be another release that supports exporting, even though all object types are not tested yet and the program would be constantly in a state of flux (development wise)? Would you provide feedback and/or suggestions on this program? Would you be willing to use it considering it might crash from time to time? Or would you prefer to wait for a working version that’s been tested. I know I asked this before with the alpha release, but the issue has come up again and I’d like to see where people stand now. Thanks for your time.